Friday, July 20, 2007

Home Improvements

We have now had our townhouse for fifteen years ( we think)! Of course we could actually look it up but it seems more fun to just guess. It was time for some changes which of course I have been pondering over for the past 5 years or so.
I decided to peel the wallpaper in the downstairs bathroom and put on some paint. Now I wish I had done it 5 years ago when it was easier to get up on a ladder and down on my knees. But once you start to peel there is not much to do but keep moving forward ...
Much to my chagrin I could not scrape behind the toilet without being a contortionist or have incredibly small but tireless arms and hands (neither of which I possess). So off came the toilet.
Of course as with all jobs there seem to be the discoveries of additional work being warranted ...








So after some spackling, lots of sanding, more spackling, more sanding, and then texturing I was off to choose the paint :) Yahoo!

I think the hardware stores have special lights in the paint department which give you false ideas of what a color will look like at home ... I KNOW this was lighter green when I saw it at Home Depot ... but the color grows on you and I now am very happy!





















1 comment:

tiff said...

FANTASTIC...you did a great job on the bathroom...if we ever finish our bathroom...I am calling you to come paint! I love that minty green color...it is beautiful!

You are quite handy with the brush!

BTW...you are right the colors look different...definitely...sometimes in a good way and sometimes not! :)