Sunday, August 05, 2007

One fish, Two fish, Old fish, New fish

Once we began looking at putting away our fresh fish I decided I needed to clear out some freezer space. I still had some wonderful looking silvers from last fall so I decided to make pickled salmon.



The wonderful recipe I use is from Teresa Hickerson! The first step is to cube and salt the fish.






Dig deep in the cabinets to find all those jars we have been saving!












Boy oh boy - three more days until it is ready!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god you did it while i was gone!

tiff said...

you have been busy...good for you finding a way to use last years salmon...not much for pickled fish.

teresa always has great recipes...like her fish chowder...yum!

Carrie said...

I can't wait to try some!!

Tera said...

Hey, good use of the fish! Sounds yummy!

I saw you had posted a comment on Myra and Jason's blog, so I clicked on your name. And, lo and behold, I found your site! Cool pics posted. Fun, happy site.