Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Three months have gone by ... Oh my

Peas .... It is really hard to believe that it is almost Thanksgiving (in 2 days). The first quarter of school ended half a quarter ago. Meaning we are at mid-quarter of the 2nd quarter already. We are only 1 month away from the Christmas program!! Oh my. Before we know it we will be on vacation!!
Peas .... Peas ... Peas ...so what is up with that. I have never liked peas. I have students who know I do not like peas. I do not know exactly why I do not like them. I think it has something to do with the texture and the taste. But I know this - I have never enjoyed eating peas. Getting me to eat my peas as a child was torture for my parents. Unbelievable as it sounds, I remember some tears being shed (on my part) and sitting at the dining table long after everyone else had permission to be excused. Yes, as a child we had to ask permission to be excused from the table before we could depart from the dining room.
Back to the peas .... Have I matured? I think I have for I have now found peas that I like to eat!! Simply amazing to think it has only taken me 49 years to get to this point. I like them so much I have even stocked up on them.
Not exactly made for a sit down dinner but boy are they good to munch on ... now to make up for lost time!!

No comments: